This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our prospectus. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) are:
- Ms. K. Pearson - Echelford Headteacher
- Miss K. Oakley - Echelford Deputy Headteacher
- Mrs. J. Wallace - Pastoral Co-ordinator
- Mrs. H. Cunnah - Co Inclusion Leader
- Mrs. K. Smith - Joint EYFS & KS1 Phase Leader
- Mrs. L. Butler - Joint EYFS & KS1 Phase Leader
- Miss H. Redman - KS2 Phase Leader
- Mrs. E Boswell - Maths Subject Leader
- Mrs. Z. Devonport - English Subject Leader
- Mrs. M.E. McCarthy - Executive Principal
- Ms. S. Kober - Deputy Executive Principal
If you are concerned about a child’s welfare, please record your concern, and any observations or conversation heard, and report to one of the DSLs as soon as possible the same day. Do NOT conduct your own investigation.
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to one of the DSLs in confidence, who will refer the matter to the Headteacher (or the Executive Principal if the concern relates to the Headteacher) and will consider what further action to take.